Thursday, February 19, 2015

My time in England (so far)

For all the family and friends back home, a little update on school: 

My house is cute and fun, I get along famously with my housemates, all five of them! I have been in university here for three weeks now and although I am not a fan of my Tuesday/Thursday 9am classes, I don't really mind my classes at all. They are, for the most part, intriguing and entertaining and I have made a lot of friends, though most of them are international students. I am craving the attention of a pet and am really missing my dog back home or being around pets in general.
Arkwright building- Nottingham Trent University


Some of the Climbing and Mountaineering crew on an Ocean Wednesday pub crawl(80s theme)
My walk to school(on a nice day)
I have gotten really into climbing since I have been here and have signed up for a week long climbing trip with the mountaineering club I am now apart of to Portland, England the first week of Easter Holiday (spring break). I am still finalizing plans for the second week but would like to go to Paris! I also have plans, though not booked yet, to go visit a friend in Holland for a long weekend at the end of April and then my parents will be arriving May 4!!! This is something I am really looking forward to..the homesickness has started to set in a bit; though that may be because I have a cold and want someone to make me soup.

It rains a lot here in England and seems to almost always be gray and cold. We have had several gorgeous sweater-wearing days this week but then the rain started again. Overall, England has been an experience and I will post photos of the town and my house upon my arrival back from Wales!

Thanks for reading, miss you all very much!
Coughs and love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment